The website « europeancardpaymentcooperation.eu » (“Website”) is owned and operated by European Card Payment Cooperation (ECPC), a cooperative company with its registered office at Rue d’Arlon 82, 1040 Brussels , registered with the BCE (RPL Brussels) number 0746.947.709 (hereinafter: “ECPC” or “we”).
This Privacy Statement indicates if, how and to what extent we collect and process your personal data when you use our Website.
It may be updated to reflect regulatory changes and / or technological developments and their integration into our Website. Any updates will be notified to you in good time by a publication of the updated version on our Website, which will take effect and replace the previous version from the date of this publication.
The ECPC is the entity responsible (“data controller”) for the processing of personal data. You can contact us by using one of the methods that our contact form offers to you.
Our Website may contain links that point to third party websites. We have no control over how we collect and process your data used by these third-party websites when you use them. When you click on these links, first read the privacy statements of the sites to which they point before possibly providing personal data.
What personal data do we process?
When you use our Websites, we may collect and process the data you provide to us when you contact us using a contact form, in particular: first and last name, e-mail address, the content of your message, the IP address that you use when you contact us, or any other information that you choose to provide to us, or the data generated by automated technologies such as cookies, tags and other similar technologies (however, see the “Cookies” section “).
All the data that we collect and process does not constitute “personal data”. Personal data within the meaning of the law is data allowing you to be identified, directly or indirectly.
Our Website are not intended for children (under the age of 16). We do not knowingly collect and process personal data from people under the age of 16.
A cookie is a small (temporary) text file that our Website save to your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites. These cookies are used to save your preferences for use on a subsequent visit.
This website only contains cookies to the extent that this is strictly necessary for the website to work. Therefore they cannot be deactivated. You can configure your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but afterwards, certain parts of the site will not work.
Our Website only use functional cookies, that is to say strictly necessary for the proper functioning of our Website. They do not use analytical cookies (to determine how visitors use our Website) or marketing / remarketing cookies (to optimize our marketing campaigns based on the browsing behavior of visitors to our Website).
You will find more information on browser settings and cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Purpose of processing
We process this data for the following purposes:
- To allow you to use our Website and to facilitate your navigation (For example, we may use the data by placing a cookie on your computer to remember your preferred language when you visit our Website again )
- To communicate with you following your request(s) transmitted using the contact form on our Website
- The other purposes for which you have given us your explicit and informed consent.
Are we authorized to process your personal data
We will only process your personal data to the extent permitted by applicable personal data protection laws. Subject to the requirements of applicable laws, we are authorized to process your data if:
- You have given us your consent to this effect (for example, you have asked us to subscribe to one of our publications at such email address) if necessary you can withdraw your consent at any time (for example by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each publication, and / or if
- This processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or to respond to requests you have sent to us (e.g., to answer a question you have submitted through our Websites); and / or if
- The processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests or those of a third party
- When your consent is necessary for us to process your personal data, we will inform you of the reasons for the processing of your data and ask you beforehand whether or not you consent to this processing. You may not consent. However, if you do not give your consent, some features of our Website may not work properly and some features may not be available to you, or we may not be able to respond (fully) to your request.
We do not share your personal data with third parties, except:
- If you have consented to our doing so; or
- To our service providers, to allow processing on our behalf in accordance with this Privacy Statement; or
- If we are required to do so by law (eg, in response to a judge or court order); or
- As otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement or authorized by applicable law (s).
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, unless:
- You have expressly consented to the proposed transfer; or if
- The transfer is strictly necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract concluded between you and us; or if
- The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of our rights – an adequate level of protection of your personal data is ensured, as determined by the European Commission; and if appropriate safeguards are in place, as established by the European Commission.
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to achieve the purpose set out above.
The data protection laws that protect your personal data give you certain rights. You can contact ECPC [(explain how) ●] to exercise these rights.
Subject to the conditions provided by the GDPR and the Belgian data protection law of July 30, 2018, you can:
- Contact us to ask us for information on the personal data we have about you
- Rectify any erroneous personal data that you have communicated to us or that you have been able to communicate to us through our websites – export your personal data to a third party of your choice
- Object or restrict, in specific circumstances, the processing of your personal data
- Request the deletion of your personal data, when this deletion is authorized by the legislation in force.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or if you wish to exercise any of the above rights, you can do so by sending an e-mail request to the ECPC (see section: Contact us). When you contact us, please specify the information you want to obtain or the right (s) you wish to exercise. To prevent identity abuse or identity fraud, we may ask you to provide additional information and / or provide adequate proof of your identity. A response to your request will be given to you within the time limits provided by the law or laws in force.
If you believe that your rights regarding the protection of your personal data are not being respected, you can file a complaint with the ECPC or the Belgian Data Protection Authority.
Last update: [●] 2020
Feel free to change your cookie settings at any time.
These are the cookies and their settings that you have agreed to.